Sunday, September 20, 2009

Things are starting to look up....of course that could just be my tilted head

I like the concept of karma. What goes around, comes around to a higher level of enlightenment. I don't want to mislead anyone by saying I'm the best person on the face of the planet, and therefore deserve good things....but based on the crap that has ensued over the last while, I think a little bit of balance is certainly in order. And of course, I'm not a total asshole....at least all the time. So, I think karma took pity on me this week, and tried to right some of her previous wrongs.

So, happily, I am securely employed. Yeah! (Or is it now YAY!?) Regardless, you get the idea. I must admit, the concept of a pension puts me a little more at ease. I like the idea of someday sitting back (or puttering around) at my leisure, doing whatever I want, and not being concerned about how the bills are going to get paid. I have my own plans for financial ventures along the way. I've started this already. I'm not as advanced as perhaps I'd like to be; but, considering some of the roads I've taken in this life, I'm kind of amazed I'm this well adjusted now.

Financial venture plan #1: Real estate. Buy properties and keep them maintained. Real estate hardly ever decreases with time. And, if you're located in an urban area (which I am), finding tenants is easy. Tip: If you can buy in a college/university town, even better. I presently live in St. John's, Newfoundland, where there apparently is a huge housing shortage. I've contemplated renting out a room in my apartment for additional income, but I can't be sure I won't hate the potential tenant. I don't hate all people. I'm not a complete jerk. But, I don't want to be in a situation where my stuff gets stolen (not that I have a whole lot of important stuff), or where I'm woken up at 8am on the weekend by someone else's alarm clock, or as petty as it may be, where I'm the only one in the house who cleans up after themselves. Actually, that's not petty. Not petty at all. I've been in situations like these. I also don't want a situation where the person leaves the heat on when not home, or worse with the window open (like the fucking idiots next door do.) I also enjoy walking around in my underwear.

No comments: