Monday, June 22, 2009

Pricks

Pricks! Ugh! And I mean of the needle persuasion. Not that other pricks are more desirable. I'm sitting here "enjoying a little time off." I don't know who came up with that expression, but I can assure you, that they were in no way referencing me, today. Although, I am getting paid for it. I kinda feel like an IV drug user, of course without the high, and less blood than earlier today. Go bloodwork. I will say this, 12 hours to not drink a beverage for a smoker is insane! My throat is raw and it hurts. This is where the non-smokers of the world (and worse, the reformed smokers) unite and chant their infinite wisdom on the ways of not smoking, and of course, tips and tricks for me to improve myself. Bah! Eat me, I say.

So, I'm still kinda thinking about some guy, I shouldn't be wasting my time thinking about. I was surprised yesterday, when there was contact - as flimsy a means of contact it was. And of course, I immediately felt happy for my miniscule victory and ashamed of my questioning and untrusting behaviour. Skepticism really. And, I've already shared my one good quote about skepticism in a previous blog. Who invented text-messaging and why have we not eliminated it all together. I guess I really shouldn't blame the text messaging genius, but instead the one who sent me the shitty message yesterday. I mean it was I guess what I had asked previously. But, I feel like a fucking $20 bill. Which makes me sad, and mad - and all out frustrated. But, I suppose I deserve it for being optimistic. I just don't want to sit around for the next week, pining away for someone who views me as a means to "get something". I am something. But, I am not an object, like a wallet, or a hotel. I am not a chaffeur, and I am not a loan officer. I have to remember these things.

Still haven't been productive. Well, I could have been less productive. But, not by much. And on that note...I'm gonna stop typing and do more of that - nothing, cause I can.

No comments: